clear day background

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

First snow

Today we woke up to the first "sleddable" snow of the season. Notice, I didn't say "shovelable" snow, which is how Minnesotan's describe this snow. That means that you have to actually move the snow out of the way if you want to get back up your driveway, which is what I spent a large part of the day doing when our snow blower didn't work the first 30 times I tried starting it. So, in between shoveling, I would give it a yank and on the 31st try, it started. David, Marissa, Steven and two neighbor boys enjoyed sledding down our yard (one positive of having a very steep yard). They need to enjoy it while the temperature is still above the teens. Soon, it will be too cold to play outside for more than two minutes, and whenever it takes longer to put the snow clothes on than the kids actually spend playing outside, it just isn't worth it to me. Enjoy the pictures!

Marissa



Steven and David coming down (the mailbox was not injured in this stunt)



This is where they end up, good thing it is a quiet cul-de-sac



Steven

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! How fun! I showed Emma the pictures and she said she wants to come sled at your house. I couldn't remember if I told you I have a blog. http://hollythatcher.blogspot.com/
And thanks for those pictures you emailed me, I also couldn't remember if I thanked you for them. :)

Leslie B said...

Now, why wasn't that snow there a week earlier??!! That looks like fun. And I am glad your mailbox wasn't injured. :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah wants to know where Amber is! Looks like fun!
--Kimberly